Last updated on December 3rd, 2020 at 05:10 am
DHERST TESAS Grade 12 Selection List 2020 : Download selected students on tertiary scholarships :- The 2020 tertiary selection list was released by DHERST. It’s all in one PDF file and easy to check the selected students for each uni and college in the country. You may find the hints and tips below helpful when checking for the students on the tertiary selection list for 2020.
The update presents five helpful information about the 2020 selection list:
1. AES and TESAS 2020 tertiary scholarships
2. Stats of Grade 12 students selected to tertiary institutions in 2020
3. Important notes from DHERST
4. How to find a student’s name 2020 tertiary selection list
5. Where to download the 2020 tertiary selection list PDF
- Download the 2020 Tertiary Selection list of New Intakes and used the tips to check students selection status. You may need your SLF numbers.
- 2020 TESAS PDF list for continuing students is now available. Check out the recent post here.
2020 selected students on tertiary scholarships
Last year DHERST (Department of Higher Education, Research, Science and Technology) published the Grade 12 Selection List on the 18th of December.
The selected students were awarded a government’s scholarship under two categories. The PNG government’s higher education scholarship is called TESAS (the Tertiary Education Scholarship Assistant Scheme).
TESAS is classed into either HECAS (the High Education Contribution Assistance Scheme) and AES (the Academic Excellence Scholarship). If a student is not awarded one of the government’s scholarships, then the student is considered Self-sponsored. The numbers of students awarded each scholarship in 2020 are given below.
Fact file Grade 12 students selection stats
- 27,743 (= *18,318 + **11,792) students registered in DHERST online selection system
- *18,318 students in the national admission pool NOT selected
- **11,792 (=***9,427 + ****2365) spaces available quota/spaces in higher education institutions (205 programs in HEI)
- ***9,425 Grade 12 students selected to tertiary institutions
- ****2,365 spaces yet to be filled via the national admission pool
- AES- 904 Grade 12 Students awarded scholarships under this category
- HECAS – 3757 Students awarded scholarships under this category
- SELF-SPONSORED – 3936 had not been awarded a scholarship even they were selected by the selectors.
- Total students selected to Higher learning institutions in PNG = 8597
In a press release, the department of higher education said the students whose names appeared on the Grade 12 selection list must take note the following:
(1) Your personal details contained within your application has been forwarded to the Higher Education Institution which has selected you.
(2) You should expect to receive an admissions offer letter directly from your Higher Education Institution (HEI). The HEI will communicate directly with you to inform you on specific details.
(3) If your Study Program receives scholarship awards from the National Government, you may be eligible for financial support through the Tertiary Education Student Assistance Scheme (TESAS). Your TESAS status is also indicated in this National Selection List. Please log in to the NOAS (apply.dherst.gov.pg) and check MyStatus section any time before the 22nd December 2018 for further details on how to access your scholarship. [DHERST , Press Release 2020]
2020 tertiary selection list pdf
The students’ names are not on the selection list last year. Presumably, if it is the same this year, students can not use their names when searching. The best detail to use is the student’s number on School Leaver’s Form (SLF).
How to quickly find a selected student on 2020 tertiary selection pdf list
- Grade 12 Online Selection for 2020 Higher Education and Exam Results – Differentiated
- How to calculate your Grade 12 GPA using Your Results [Updated].
- Why You Should Know Your GPA (Click here)
Grade 12 selected students NOT on tertiary institutions scholarship
It is perhaps important to note that about 50% of the Grade 12 students names on the Grade 12 selection list are NOT awarded a government’s scholarship (AES or HECAS) last year.